- 'Privacy Law' refers to any legislative or another legal requirement that applies to PreOwnedPhones' collection, use, disclosure or handling of personal information.
- 'Personal information' means information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in material form or not. Personal information includes sensitive information.
- 'Sensitive information' means personal information about an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or memberships, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, professional or trade association/union memberships, sexual preferences and practices or criminal record.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Since we cannot compromise on the security of potential customers of PreOwnedPhones so keeping the genuine concerns at front we collection information to:
- To maintain the record of the products purchased or services rendered i.e. billing and credit controls.
- To stay connected with our respective customers.
- The information gathered better helps in reaching current and prospective customers of PreOwnedPhones.
- To market third party products and services to current and prospective customers; and
Comply with our legal obligations.
- To send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address provided by you.
From time to time, PreOwnedPhones use the information to contact you for market research purposes. You may be contacted by our team through email, phone, fax or mail. In case you do not share the necessary information there is high chance that there be a communication issue between us and you and it will be hard for us to keep check and balance of your feedbacks regarding our services. You may also lack in learning about new promotions or special discounts. We deliver what we promise.
Following are the customers whose information is saved:
- Prospective customers. They are the respective customers who are interested in our products and services and intend to have further purchases from our store.
- Current customers. Another category of our respective customers who purchase PreOwnedPhones products or services time to time and are always interested in knowing more about offerings of the PreOwnedPhones.
- Past customers. They are the customers who have made purchases in the past.
PreOwnedPhones’s current and past customers may be ranked as prospective customers for other PreOwnedPhones products and services. PreOwnedPhones may collect personal information about associates of its customers, such as family members, employees or agents. For example, PreOwnedPhones may collect personal information about nominated or authorized representatives, the holder of a credit card that is used to pay a customer's account or the nominated contact on an account. PreOwnedPhones may in rare circumstances collect personal information from people who are under the age of 18. If PreOwnedPhones does this, PreOwnedPhones may also collect personal information about the parent or guardian of the under aged customer. Can you deal with PreOwnedPhones without identifying yourself? Well the answer is partially yes as in some limited situations customers and other individuals may be able to deal with PreOwnedPhones anonymously or using a pseudonym. For example, if you make a general inquiry to one of our call centers, or want to make a complaint or log a service fault unless the inquiry or complaint relates to a particular account. However, if you do not wish to be identified we may not be able to provide the information or assistance you require.
What personal information does PreOwnedPhones usually collect? PreOwnedPhones collects a wide range of personal information about its customers, but the type and amount of information collected depends on the particular business context. However, PreOwnedPhones seeks at all times to ensure that it only collects the personal information that is necessary for the purposes of its business activities. PreOwnedPhones needs to collect basic identifying and contact information for all customers, including prospective customers. This will usually include name, email address, telephone number(s) and delivery address. PreOwnedPhones also collects information about purchasing patterns, consumer preferences and attitudes from prospective and current customers for marketing purposes, including to analyze markets, develop marketing strategies and to identify and develop products and services that may be of interest to its customers. When you become a PreOwnedPhones customer, PreOwnedPhones collects a range of other information that that it needs to assess your application and manage your account(s). This includes:
- Responses to offers made and/or promotions run by PreOwnedPhones or its affiliates; and
- Inquiries and complaints.
We collect information about our employees and prospective employees for the purpose of making employment decisions and managing our staff. We also collect information about suppliers, service providers, agents and affiliates, and their staff, for the purposes of conducting our day-to-day business activities.
How does PreOwnedPhones collect personal information?
We collect personal information by various means and via various media, depending on the particular business context. We collect information about prospective customers both directly and via our agents, service providers and affiliates. We may collect this information:
- Through PreOwnedPhones websites, or websites operated by PreOwnedPhones's affiliates;
- Through social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook; and
- Through the purchase of marketing lists, databases and data aggregation services.
When you apply to become a PreOwnedPhones customer, we will ask you to consent to us collecting information from particular third parties. We will only collect personal information from those parties if you consent. If you do not consent, we may not be able to provide the service or product you require. We are authorized to collect some personal information from third parties under Privacy Law. PreOwnedPhones receives unsolicited personal information from time to time. In accordance with its obligations under Privacy Law, PreOwnedPhones will decide whether it would have been permitted to solicit and collect that information and if it would not have been, will destroy or de-identify the information (provided it is lawful to do so). What information will PreOwnedPhones give you when it collects personal information? PreOwnedPhones is required by Privacy Law to take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of certain information when it collects personal information about you. For example, we are required to:
- make sure you are aware that we have collected the information (if we collect it from a third party without your knowledge);
- identify any law that authorizes or requires collection of the information;
When personal information is collected via the PreOwnedPhones website or any affiliate website that PreOwnedPhones may advertise on, a statement is displayed or a link provided to a statement that sets out the information we are required to provide.
A statement containing the required information is printed on the sign-up page of most of the standard forms we use to collect personal information.
When you deal with us on the telephone, this information is given to you by the operator or via a recorded message.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party, we take reasonable steps to ensure you receive the information we are required to provide. However, we may do this by requiring the third party to provide the information, rather than us providing the information to you directly. We may also include information about our collection of personal information in customer account statements, notices and other documents we give to our customers. PreOwnedPhones' use and disclosure of personal information Where PreOwnedPhones collects personal information for a particular purpose, it may use and disclose the information for that purpose or another purpose that is related to that purpose (or that is directly related to that purpose in the case of sensitive information). For example:
Personal information collected from you for the purpose of establishing or managing an account may be used and disclosed for related purposes such as identity verification, supplying and servicing a product, billing and collection in relation to the product and investigating and rectifying complaints or faults.
Personal information collected for the purpose of establishing or managing an account may also be used for the purpose marketing of other PreOwnedPhones products and services. PreOwnedPhones may contact prospective, current or past customers about products and services (including products not related to a product or service previously supplied).
PreOwnedPhones may use personal information about prospective, current and past customers for the purpose of direct marketing of PreOwnedPhones products and services or those of other organizations. Direct marketing communications may be sent via post, e-mail, telephone, door to door canvassing, social media sites or other means. However:
PreOwnedPhones will not use sensitive information for direct marketing purposes without your consent. Whenever we communicate with you for direct marketing purposes, we will give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving further direct marketing communications from PreOwnedPhones.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from PreOwnedPhones at any time by contacting us at info@PreOwnedPhones.com.au or calling 1300 666 146.
If we use your personal information to facilitate direct marketing by other organizations on behalf of other organizations, you can ask us to provide the source of the information by contacting us at info@PreOwnedPhones.com.au or calling 1300 666 146.
Personal information about PreOwnedPhones staff, agents, affiliates and service providers is used and may be disclosed for the purpose of managing the relationship with the staff member or other entity. Personal information may also be disclosed to third party agents and service providers who PreOwnedPhones engages to assist in the provision of products and services. These include:
- Delivery agents and courier service providers;
- Sales agents and representatives;
- Organizations that process banking transactions;
- Organizations that process debt collection;
- Printers mail distributors, couriers and dispatch centers;
- Call centers operated by entities outside the PreOwnedPhones Group;
- IT service providers and data managers;
- Legal, accounting, insurance and business advisory consultants services
PreOwnedPhones may also disclose personal information without consent as authorized by privacy law for a range of other purposes, including:
- where necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to health or safety;
- for law enforcement or crime prevention purposes;
- for the investigation of unlawful activity;
- for location of missing persons; and
- for use in legal proceedings or dispute resolution.
In situations other than those mentioned above, PreOwnedPhones will not disclose personal information without the customer's consent (although consent may be implied). How does PreOwnedPhones protect your personal information? PreOwnedPhones recognizes the importance of protecting your personal information and of ensuring that it is complete, accurate, up-to-date and relevant. When you call PreOwnedPhones, we check the details we hold about you are correct and to update them if required. While some of the personal information we collect is held in hardcopy form, most personal information is stored in electronic databases. We have extensive processes in place to ensure that our information systems and files are kept secure from unauthorized access and interference. These include:
- System access is controlled by logins and different security levels. Access to customer information for all staff (including agents in our Manila call center) is centrally controlled. Access requests must be supported by a request from senior management.
- Access authorization is layered and are specific to the job function of each staff member. For example, staff with responsibility for fault management have no access to credit card information. They are only trained in areas of the system specific to the function of their job.
- Functional restrictions apply. Remote access is only available to selected senior staff members. Measures are taken to prevent printing, copying or recording of customer information that can be accessed electronically. For example, call center team members work in a paperless environment, cannot print information and are not permitted to have mobile phones or cameras on the call center floor.
- Account and system access and modification is logged to enable access or modification of any customer record by any staff member to be identified. Audits of access logs are conducted periodically.
Our employees undergo privacy and information security training on induction and are required to sign acknowledgements of their obligations in relation information security and appropriate use of our IT systems.
We have contractual arrangements in place with our agents, service providers and affiliates that require them to have comply with applicable privacy laws and PreOwnedPhones privacy policies. Our contractual arrangements with third parties who are outside Australia are designed to ensure that personal information transferred to those parties is afforded at the same level of protection as would apply to the information in Australia.
Can you access or correct personal information PreOwnedPhones holds about you? You have a right to access personal information we hold about you. If your request is particularly complex or requires detailed searching of our records, there may be a cost for the required search. If you think there is some error in the shared information you may inform us to update with the right information. However, we are not obliged to provide access where we believe doing so would:
- Prejudice law enforcement or crime prevention activities;
- Pose a serious threat to health or safety;
- Have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- Prejudice PreOwnedPhones in legal proceedings or negotiations with you;
- Reveal information connected with a commercially sensitive decision making process; or be contrary to law.